In just minutes you can easily make this restaurant quality Alfredo sauce at home. And let’s not forget, unlike what we’ve been told for many years, we shouldn’t be afraid of these “good fats.”
So don’t waste any time giving this tasty and inexpensive sauce a try poured over some whole-grain noodles and lots of fresh seasonal veggies. It would also work well in a “white lasagne” or extra creamy macaroni dish. No matter what, you just cannot go wrong when you start with fresh cream and butter!
Super Easy Alfredo Sauce
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile melt all the butter and 2/3 of the cream in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden or other large spoon.
- Once the cream and butter start to thicken (after a couple minutes) turn the heat off.
- When the pasta is done drain it thoroughly in a colander and add drained noodles to the cream and butter mixture.
- Turn the heat back on to medium-low and add the remaining 1/3 cup cream and all of the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta around to coat until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper and portion out into pasta bowls. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh sautéed vegetables (if desired) and serve immediately.