When your daughter says, “This salad is way better than I thought it was going to be” … you know you have a winner! I am admittedly not a huge salad person, but I know leafy greens are good for me so I do try. And when salads are full of flavor, like in this Sweet and Spicy Salad with Chipotle Ranch, it makes eating them so much easier, even enjoyable!
What Does Sweet and Spicy Salad Taste Like?
With a super-tasty combo of sweet and spicy nuts, fresh avocado, soft crumbled cheese, and a dressing with a kick, this is a salad you’ll be making again and again!
How to Make Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 chipotle pepper from a small can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives or green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
The chili powder and the cayenne pepper give this an interesting zing that I really enjoyed. Thank you for this one! :)
What Other Recipes Can I Use with Chipotle Ranch?
This dressing is SO good! It would be great drizzled on tacos, nachos, burritos, or even a burger to give it a little kick.
Other Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Mexican Citrus Salad
- Simple Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Cauliflower & Pomegranate Salad with a Yogurt Dressing