The next time we have friends over for dinner this is what I’m putting out for an appetizer—Oven-Baked Cheese “Fries”! This new recipe would be great as a side dish to any family dinner as well … talk about switching things up from your same ol’ boring roasted potatoes.
I haven’t had cheese fries in so long that I forgot how good they are. And now we can enjoy them without the deep-fried heaviness from your typical restaurant version. There’s no reason not to indulge in tasty oven-baked potatoes, organic cheese & bacon, and homemade ranch dressing … yum!
Other Favorite Appetizer Recipes
Whether you’re having people over or you make these as a side dish for your family dinners, these recipes will not disappoint. Here are a few more of our favorite appetizer recipes …
Oven-Baked Cheese “Fries”
For the "Fries"
For the Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives chopped (+ extra for garnish, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up (optional) and spray or drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place in one even layer on the baking sheet. Spray or drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle the salt on top.
- Place in the oven about 8 to 10 inches below the heating element and cook for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown. Flip over and cook for another 8 or 10 minutes, until brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ranch dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle the cheese evenly over top and put them back in the oven for 30-60 seconds, just long enough for the cheese to melt. Remove from oven, sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top, drizzle with the ranch dressing, garnish with extra chives (if desired), and serve.
I hope you enjoy this better-for-you makeover of an old favorite. So good!