After over a year of virtual and hybrid schooling, my girls finally went back to the classroom full-time a few weeks ago … just in time for the end of this hectic school year! Usually I’m feeling less than energetic to pack lunches so close to the end of the school year, but this year I felt like I needed to step up my game with only a few weeks of in-person school all year long.
So, I started sharing lunches on social media again and thought I’d put them all together for you in an updated blog post in case you need ideas. No matter where your kids are learning from, I hope this latest installment in my School Lunch Roundup series helps. Simply have your kids point out which items in the pictures they’d like to see in their next packed lunch and the hard work is done!
Extra School Lunch Help?
In case you missed it, we briefly opened up the sales page for our uber-popular packed lunch meal plans! Our Real Lunches, Real Easy ebooks are each a complete system that tells you what to buy, what to prep, and what to pack (including colorful pictures) so you’re not stressing out at the last minute. Grab one version, or all four, and even have your kiddos help pack their new wholesome, hearty, real food lunches. See samples of each week and learn more here.
School Lunch Pics from Roundup #18
Now, here are those real food lunch pictures I promised for inspiration!
- Charcuterie plate with salami and cheese
- Thin Triscuits (100% whole-grain)
- Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites (from my On a Budget cookbook)
- Whole-wheat bagel (from a local bakery) topped with cream cheese and radishes
- Whole-wheat pretzels with hummus
- Mexican Breakfast Burrito half (previously made and frozen, defrosted in time for lunch)
- Kiwi & oranges
- Roasted cashews
- Whole-wheat crackers with a mini brie.
- Egg salad sandwich with spinach and pickles on a whole-wheat pita (from Trader Joe’s)
- Cheese stick
- Mixed berries
- Homemade trail mix (with almonds, raisins, and heart-shaped cheerios)
Are your kids back in the building or still at home? I’d love to hear what you’ve been packing in the comments!