I love my Grilled Mexican Street Corn recipe so much that I decided to make a salad version out of it with the addition of fresh tomatoes and black beans. The creamy sauce is so good you could almost lick it off the platter … so now not a drop of it goes to waste in this salad version of the recipe!
This would be the perfect addition to an outdoor barbecue or cookout. I love dishes like this that you can make in advance and then just quickly pull out later. Just don’t forget about them tucked away in the fridge when it’s time to eat.
I actually did that recently during our first post-quarantine outdoor gathering with two other families when the lockdown in NC was lifted! I guess I was so flustered by keeping everyone outside all night and putting together disposable plates of food (to reduce who touched the serving spoons) that I forgot something as essential as serving all the food I’d made, LOL.
Other Summer Side Salads You Might Enjoy
- Simple Corn Salad
- Charred Corn Salad with Tomatoes and Avocados
- Mexican Watermelon Salad
- Green Apple Cucumber Slaw
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 4 ears corn Cooked and off the cob. I boiled the corn for 6 to 7 minutes then cut it off the cob.
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (cheese)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped+ extra for garnish (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, black beans, and diced tomato. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, queso fresco, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Scrape the mixture into the bowl with the corn and toss to combine. Garnish with more cilantro (if desired) and serve within 24 hours.