I recently shared a Red & Green Chili recipe that was also for the crock pot, but it did require a little bit of stove cooking first. I know it’s only one extra step (and worth it in the end), but some days, just one less thing to do can make all the difference!
With this Steak Slow Cooker Chili recipe, my goal was to make things as quick and EASY as possible. And trust me, it doesn’t get any easier or more delicious than this one.
So if you are looking for a way to stay warm this winter or to feed a bunch of extra house guests (or if you’re participating in a chili cook-off!), this recipe will not disappoint! (Just be sure to double it for a big crowd.)
Sponsor Shoutout: Plan to Eat
If you love the thought of starting the new year off right with an online meal planning service but are not keen on the idea of someone else deciding what’s for dinner, then Plan to Eat is the perfect solution! All you have to do is input your recipes from food blogs, websites, or your own collection (or other Plan to Eat members), select what meals you want to make for the week, and then sit back while their system creates a meal plan and coordinating shopping list just for you.
Plan to Eat is always adding new features to make your job easier, like their bookmarklet tool which makes inputting recipes as easy as “pinning.” So go ahead and give it a go through their free 30-day trial! This would make a great last minute gift for someone on your list as well. :)
Easy Slow Cooker Steak Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef cut in 2-inch chunks (grass-fed recommended)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or regular pepper (double this if you like it hot!)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed (you could use black beans instead)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- shredded cheddar cheese grated
- sour cream
- homemade cornbread
- Put the stew beef chunks in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Top with onions, beans, and tomatoes.
- Turn the slow cooker onto high heat and cook for 5 to 6 hours. Shred beef with a fork before serving, if desired. Top with garnishes of choice and serve warm.
- You could substitute 1 pound ground beef for the stew meat, if you prefer a smoother chili, or even ground turkey if you like turkey chili!
- We recommend organic ingredients when feasible.