I just made these fajitas myself the other day and my daughters kept asking me “What smells so good??” They couldn’t wait to dig in and if you make the tortillas in advance it will just take some grated cheese, sour cream, and cilantro (plus any other fixings you like on your fajitas), and your feast will be ready in no time.
I am getting hungry just talking about it. But don’t take my word for it…you must try it for yourself!
Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak preferably grass fed (we buy ours from Baucom’s Best at the Matthews Farmers’ Market)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce preferably the low-sodium variety
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 bell peppers any color
- 1 onion
Other Fajita Fixings:
- whole-wheat tortillas
- cheese grated
- avocado sliced
- sour cream
- hot peppers
- Mix together the dry spices with a fork including the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture over all sides of the flank steak and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the soy sauce on top.
- Top the flank steak with the diced jalapeno and minced garlic. Slice the bell peppers and onion and throw those on top of the steak as well.
- Turn the slow cooker onto HIGH and cook for 5 – 6 hours or until the steak can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Drain the meat and peppers well then serve with the recommended fajita “fixings” (listed above).