This quick and easy air fryer chicken breast recipe yields the most perfectly cooked chicken! Lightly seasoned with pantry staples, this is the best method out there. Prepare and cook this chicken recipe in about 20 minutes. It is such a family dinner win and so simple. This easy weeknight protein option is a great way to add lean chicken to your weekly menu. This juicy chicken is great for family dinners, meal prep, and leftovers! Try this Cajun Chicken Pasta for another family favorite.
Want to Save this Recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is quick and easy.
- Make this chicken breast in an air fryer in around 20 minutes. No complicated cooking skills are required.
- The air fryer produces juicy chicken breasts.
- This air fryer chicken breast recipe is the best way to lock in moisture.
- Pounding out the skinless breasts delivers a tender texture, especially in the meat surrounding the thin tenderloin strip.
- Perfect for the whole family. Try these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs or these Air Fryer Italian Sausages too!
- Everyone will love this tasty, tender chicken. It is great for kids.
- The easy-going seasoning blend in this recipe will work with a variety of sides, This is a versatile protein option.
- Great for meal prep and leftovers. Or, use the meat in this Creamy Chicken Spaghetti!
- If you like planning meals in advance, a batch of this quick air fryer chicken breast works well. Keep the chilled chicken in the fridge to add to salads, bowls, kinds of pasta, and wraps for on-the-go lunches.
- This method uses less oil, making it a healthy option.
- Using an air fryer method to get a crispy exterior and succulent interior uses less oil than conventional cooking methods like frying.
- For the ultimate comfort food, serve with these Creamy Scalloped Potatoes or Potato Pancakes!
- This is such a healthy way to cook your already lean chicken breasts.
- This recipe is Whole30 compliant, Keto, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and low-carb.
- Check out this Pollo Asado or this Stuffed Chicken Breast for another family dinner favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutes
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full air fryer chicken breasts recipe.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts are affordable and easy to find. Choose fresh organic chicken breasts for the best results. If using frozen, thaw completely before.
Olive oil keeps the chicken juicy and prevents it from drying out. Substitute with another neutral flavored oil like avocado if needed.
Garlic powder delivers the most delicious savory flavor. Use fresh, finely chopped garlic as an alternative.
Paprika adds a little heat and spice.
Onion powder contributes to the overall savory flavor.
Lastly, sea salt and black pepper add flavor.
Taste & Texture
This delicious air fryer chicken breast recipe has a lovely light savory flavor from the onion and garlic powders. It tastes like classic chicken breast with an added hearty flavor.
The texture of the cooked chicken is juicy, tender, and moist. It does not become dry. Since the chicken is never flipped, it retains all of its juices.
How to Make
First, preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ½ inch thickness. Trim the fat.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Next, place on a large plate.
Drizzle olive oil on top of each breast. Season the chicken all over with garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Place the seasoned chicken breasts in the air fryer.
Air fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lastly, remove the chicken from the air fryer. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Then, serve!
Expert Tips for Success
Season well. It is important to season your air fryer chicken breast with enough salt, pepper, and spices.
Space the breasts out. Ensure there is a gap between the pieces of chicken.
This is a top tip for getting evenly cooked chicken. Cook the chicken in small batches if needed.
Do not turn the chicken breasts over. This helps the chicken remain very juicy.
Rest the chicken. Before serving, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes to lock in all the juices before cutting or slicing.
Spray them with nonstick spray. If they seem to be drying out, spray them with a light cooking spray. This will keep them moist and juicy.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
There are several ways to switch up the flavors.
Add a spicy seasoning blend. This Blackened chicken is so flavorful!
Top with BBQ sauce or hot sauce after cooking.
Create a spicy dry rub. Cumin, paprika, and cayenne powder add heat.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice or lemon pepper seasoning to the chicken.
Marinate the chicken before air frying.
How to Serve & Store
To store, ensure the chicken has cooled entirely first. Once cool, place it in a sealed, airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. The chicken will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.
The cooked chicken will freeze for about two months. It will need to be packed in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. Spacing the chicken out and separating the breasts is recommended.
This honey mustard sheet-pan chicken with Brussels sprouts is a real crowd-pleaser!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Cook the air fryer chicken breast for roughly 15 to 18 minutes. The cook time depends on the size of the chicken and how thinly they have been pounded out. They must be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
You can cook air fryer chicken breast from frozen in the air fryer. The cooking time will need to increase to 20 to 30 minutes. Another tip is to season halfway through the cooking process once the fillets have thawed.
Cook air fryer chicken breast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
It will reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the breasts. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
You can marinate the chicken if you want to add extra flavor. It is not a necessary step.
Yes, you can coat air fryer chicken breast. Choose a breading that will crisp up in the air fryer, like whole wheat panko, whole wheat breadcrumbs, or almond flour. Check out these Homemade Chicken Nuggets!
Meat Mallet: Pound the chicken breasts thin. This device helps tenderize the meat.
Air Fryer: This basket-style air fryer is great for making chicken.
Knife Set: Use sharp knives to trim the fat off.
You May Also Enjoy
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
- Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Quick Chicken Piccata
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
If you enjoyed this air fryer chicken breast recipe, please leave a rating and comment! For more inspiration, check out my Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. For 5 free weekly meal plans and more free resources, sign up to receive my free newsletter! For more ideas, check out these Dinner Recipes.
Enjoy this air fryer chicken breasts recipe!